A detailed insight into the Benefits of Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmeg essential oil is very effective in soothing joint pain, arthritis, and any sort of muscular pain in the body. It has anti-inflammatory properties and provides relief when applied on affected area. It is considered a necessary part of Chinese medicine to use nutmeg oil to treat inflammation and abdominal pain. It helps to reduce swelling in joints which can be caused due to overexertion, arthritis and in those situations, this oil can be a blessing. It has been verified by many holistic practitioners too. You must check out Luke Countiho’s video on Nutmeg oil to know real-life experiences in the improvement of health after using the oil.
Nutmeg Essential oil is steam distilled from the seeds of the Myristica fragrans plant. This plant mostly grows in Indonesia, Sri Lanka and India.
It has almost a warm, fresh, woody, spicy and pine-like aroma. Using it in Aromatherapy can have a hypnotic, uplifting effect and it is known to enhance imagination.
Fun Fact: Nostradamus used Nutmeg to enter deep trances for prophetic visions.
Energetically, it invigorates and stimulates the mind and can produce intense colourful dreams.
Buy Nutmeg Essential Oil here
Properties of Pure Nutmeg Essential Oil
1. Relieves pain and inflammation-
Many of Nutmeg Essential Oil's components help relieve pain and inflammation. Blend Nutmeg Essential oil in a base oil such as apricot essential oil or sesame and apply on the affected area.
Nutmeg is analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and warming, which means it can be used to prevent or relieve chronic rheumatic pain and swelling.
Nutmeg Essential Oil helps ease unwanted spasms and soothes the muscles into comfort.
4. Improves cognitive skills-It stimulates the brain and reduces stress and mental exhaustion. To treat anxiety and depression naturally, we recommend a holistic approach through this oil. The oil is very popular in homoeopathy and its usage goes back to Greek civilizations where nutmeg became a brain tonic in spite of it being expensive.
5. Digestive Aid-
In traditional medicine, Nutmeg was used as a remedy for digestive disorders, appetite stimulation, flatulence, spasms, and vomiting.
Smelling Nutmeg Essential Oil helps soothe the mind and helps induce restful sleep.
7. Antibacterial & Antifungal properties-
It has potent antibacterial and antifungal properties and can be added in low dilution into body oils to keep your skin healthy and happy.
Safety Information :
Nutmeg can irritate the skin when oxidized, and also if used in higher dilutions, as it is a hot oil.
How to use:
When blending Essential Oils please keep in mind the dilution ratio, 3 to 5% dilution in a base or carrier oil, refer to the attached dilution chart in the link below to understand the number of drops.
For Facial Skin – 0.7 to 2%
Body Massage – 1.5 to 3%
Pain Relief – 5 – 7%
(To make it easier mix about 50 drops of the Essential Oil in 50 ml of carrier oil for pain relief)
Few things you should know
- Fragrance oils aren’t Essential Oils (read labels carefully)
- Essential Oils are high concentrated, use them sparingly and carefully
- When Pregnant skip Essential oil usage, especially in the first trimester
- Always do a patch test, if you are allergic to the plant – you will be allergic to the EO
- Make sure you are using high quality 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Keep Essential Oils away from direct heat and sunlight and they can last over years!
- It’s perfectly fine to be confused when using EO’s the first time, reach out to people to clear your doubts
The thumb rule to keep in mind for all Essential Oil usage is the dilution should be kept at 3%. Essential Oils are very strong and potent and should be used sparingly. Please maintain caution on usage.
You can also find us at farmers markets in different cities, at The Earth Collective by Meenu Nageshwaran in New Delhi, at Horizon Plaza Artisinal Market HandpickedbyPC, at Luke Coutinho's Farmers Markets in Bangalore and Mumbai.
Shop for all products from Meraki Essentials here at www.merakiessentials.com
Should you need any further assistance on usage and finding the right essential oil for yourself feel free to reach out to us on email@example.com or reach out to us on +91 95990 80825.
This information is not intended as diagnosis, treatment or prescription for any disease, nor is it presented as an alternative to regular medical attention. Please note very few modern medical research studies have been conducted to be able to affirm or disapprove the effective of essential oils. If medical attention is indicated please contact a health professional.