BY BHAVYA CHOPRA
We all are dazed by the amount of hair products available in the market today and are as confused when it comes to choosing the right shampoo or conditioner for our hair problems. Statistics show that about 35 million men and 21 million women are the victims of hair fall today and therefore we all look for the best hair products as we step into the supermarket pertaining to subjective issues such as hair loss, dandruff, baldness and so on. The innumerable products available in the market have different price ranges depending on the chemicals used. Very often we ask ourselves if these chemicals are further destroying the quality of our hair or improving it. A lot of shampoo selling companies employ synthetic chemicals and artificial perfumes that deplete hair’s natural nourishing oils slowly and our routines like hair styling and the effects of pollution that has contaminated the air and water further adds to the problem. Our hair growth is affected by a lot of factors including genetics, hormonal imbalances, sleeping habits, quality of water, stress vitamin deficiencies and routines like swimming, ironing of hair and dying of hair.
The good news is that it is possible to control all these problems at once with a worthy solution and that is- Essential Oils. Therefore, a natural approach to all the issues is not only viable but also effective and efficient.
Essential oils for hair are nature’s gift from Mother Earth, so pure that they ensure that the quality of hair is not compromised. They address many problems at once and go on to give a new & fresh life to our hair by making it lustrous, thicker and healthier. Essential oils, in addition, take care of hormones in the body and work to bring the hormonal levels to an equilibrium point so that our body doesn’t stop the secretion of hair’s natural nourishing oils.
Some of the best essential oils for hair are Lavender, Rosemary, Cedarwood, Peppermint, Lemon, Patchouli, Tea Tree, Ylang Ylang, Thyme, Lemongrass and Ginger. These Oils work in the following ways,
- LAVENDER: recovers blood circulation in the scalp, reduces hair loss, helps hair growth, contains antiseptic properties that avoid fungus and itchy scalp, balances sebum production, and relieves dandruff.
- ROSEMARY: reduces thinning of hair, prevents greying, promotes hair growth, strengthens hair follicles, clears the pores & hair follicles, relieves from dandruff.
- CEDARWOOD: heals loss of hair, prevents dandruff, stimulates hair growth, escalates blood circulation, anti-bacterial properties control fungal problems.
- PEPPERMINT: increases blood circulation, opens clogged pores and hair follicles, hydrates dry scalp, has a cooling effect on hair, and helps in hair growth when blended with lavender.
- LEMON: is perfect for an oily scalp, clears pores & hair follicles, eliminates excess sebum, relieves dandruff and scalp acne, its antimicrobial properties resolves secondary infections.
- PATCHOULI: as its anti-inflammatory, treats scalp and skin issues, aids in dandruff and dermatitis, promotes hair growth when mixed with Rosemary.
- TEA TREE: relieves dandruff, has anti-fungal properties, moisturizes the scalp, relieves itching and drying, unclogs hair follicles, ensures the normal flow of sebum, avoids scalp acne.
- YLANG YLANG: treats hair lice, fights dry and itchy scalp, treats thinning of hair, moisturizes the scalp, stimulates sebum production.
- THYME: rejuvenates hair follicles, promotes hair growth, prevents hair loss, and helps in thickening of hair.
- LEMONGRASS: effective cleanser, strengthens hair follicles, helps in the soothing of hair scalp, reduces dandruff, used with lavender for thicker and longer hair, reduces balding and removes excess sebum.
- GINGER: promotes hair growth, prevents hair loss, antioxidants treat thinning of hair, makes the hair shinier and softer, removes dandruff and cleans the scalp.
“Life isn’t perfect, but your hair can be”
Therefore, a few drops of Essential Oils in any base oil can do wonders for all the men and women out there. There is a way to give a new life to your hair and that is Essential Oils.
Kindly note, all Essential Oils have to be diluted in a base oil before topical application. For usage for hair & scalp, mix 30 drops of Essential Oil in 50 ml of base oil.
All Meraki Essentials Products are available to Buy now
Also in Meraki Essential
Whether it be pain from working out, playing a sport, muscle injury or a chronic condition, Essential Oils are a great support. Essential Oils like Nutmeg, Ginger, Rosemary have been used for ages for relief in pain and inflammation.
Whether it be acne, dandruff, fungal infections, or relief from eczema, Tea Tree Essential Oil is definitely one to keep at home for all your skin and haircare worries. It helps balance the sebum production on the skin & scalp to restore moisture.
Soothe hair issues like dryness, frizzy hair, itchy scalp, dandruff with the right essential oil. Essential Oils like Cedarwood, Lavender, Rosemary can help you with clean, strong and healthy hair the natural way!