Nutmeg has a very fresh, warm, woody, spicy and penetrating aroma that helps invigorate and stimulate the mind along with having a hypnotic effect on the mind. Nutmeg Essential Oil has recently become a hot favourite due to its ability to soothe pain and reduce swelling.
Nutmeg essential oil, derived from the seeds of the Myristica fragrans tree, has been treasured for centuries for its wide range of benefits and its delightful, warm aroma. Nutmeg has a very fresh, warm, woody, spicy and penetrating aroma that helps invigorate and stimulate the mind.
The versatile essential oil of nutmeg boasts an impressive array of properties that make it a valuable addition to any natural health and wellness toolkit. From Nutmeg essential oil’s potential pain-relieving abilities to its comforting effects in the bedroom, nutmeg essential oil offers numerous applications that can enhance both physical and emotional well-being.
Nutmeg essential oil contains a variety of bioactive compounds, including myristicin, eugenol, and safrole. These compounds contribute to the oil's distinctive fragrance and therapeutic effects. It's important to note that the potency of pure nutmeg essential oil requires careful use and proper dilution when applied topically to ensure avoiding skin sensitization.
- Relieves Pain and Inflammation – One of the notable applications of nutmeg essential oil is its potential for pain relief. Nutmeg oil possesses analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help alleviate muscle aches, joint pain, and general discomfort. A diluted blend of nutmeg essential oil applied as a soothing massage can provide relaxation and temporary relief from tension and soreness.
- Supports Healthy Digestion – Nutmeg has been used in traditional medicine as a remedy for digestive issues, stimulating appetite and soothing flatulence, spasms and vomiting. When using the essential oil you need to dilute Nutmeg Essential Oil in no more than 1% dilution in a base oil and apply liberally on the abdomen for relief.
Promotes Restful Sleep – Some of Nutmeg’s components are known to have sedative properties, when diffused it calms the mind and helps in creating a relaxing atmosphere that leads to restful sleep.
- Nutmeg in Aromatherapy: When used in aromatherapy, Nutmeg Essential Oil can help promote relaxation, ease stress, and uplift the mood.
- Nutmeg, the natural aphrodisiac: Known for its aphrodisiac properties, nutmeg essential oil has been utilized as a natural way to enhance intimacy and sensuality in the bedroom. The oil's inviting aroma can help create a soothing and intimate atmosphere, promoting relaxation and reducing inhibitions
- Uplifts Mind & Promotes Imagination – This beautiful plant was even used by Nostradamus to enter deep trances and prophetic dreams. Its subtle yet piercing qualities can help uplift the mind and enhance imagination.
SPIRITUAL BENEFITS OF NUTMEG ESSENTIAL OIL
Nutmeg Essential Oil is believed to be a sort of mystical spice that possesses aphrodisiac and hypnotic powers that bring good fortune to all those who use it. It is used to balance the root and crown chakra.
HOW TO USE NUTMEG ESSENTIAL OIL?
- Aromatherapy: For an average-sized room, put 4 to 6 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil in water in a diffuser in the living room/bedroom.
Massage: Blend 30/35 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil in 50 ml of good carrier oil like Apricot Oil or Walnut Oil or Grapeseed Oil or any other oil that suits you. Caution: For skin sensitivity, patch test before the application is advisable.
- For Pain: Blend 50-60 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil in 50 ml Carrier Oil like Apricot or Walnut or any other oil of your choice for application on the affected area twice a day, preferably at bedtime and after bath. Caution: For skin sensitivity, a patch test before the application is advisable.
IS NUTMEG ESSENTIAL OIL SAFE FOR SKIN?
Pure Undiluted Nutmeg Essential Oil is highly potent and may cause skin irritation if applied directly on the skin.
It's best to dilute Nutmeg essential oil with a suitable carrier oil in recommended dilution ratios before applying.
Massage: Blend 30/35 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil in 50 ml of good carrier oil like Apricot Oil or Walnut Oil or Grapeseed Oil or any other oil that suits you.
Caution: For skin sensitivity, a patch test before application is advisable.
- For Pain: Blend about 50 drops of Nutmeg Essential Oil in 50 ml Carrier Oil like Apricot or Walnut or any other oil of your choice for application on the affected area twice a day, preferably at bedtime and after bath.
Caution: For skin sensitivity or possible individual allergy, patch test before application is advisable.
NUTMEG ESSENTIAL OIL (Myristica fragrans)
- Fragrance Family – Spicy
- Perfumery Note –Middle to Top
- Consistency - Thin
- Colour – Clear to pale yellow
- Nutmeg essential oil contains a variety of bioactive compounds, including myristicin, eugenol, and safrole.
Blends well with
Suitable carrier oils to dilute Nutmeg Essential Oil:
Links: WALNUT APRICOT GRAPESEED
Caution for dilution ratio – the total number of essential oil drops not to exceed the recommended dilution ratio for blending with carrier oil even when using more than one essential oil.